Your Curriculum Vitae is a marketing document: it publicises your skills to the recruiter. Yet CVs are full of potential pitfalls: from basic spelling to important content considerations and design challenges. At its heart a CV should be a personal expression of what you are like and what you have done. You must be familiar with each and every statement in it and it should be in a linguistic style you are comfortable with.
At Proteus we’ve seen tens of thousands of CVs over 25 years. We’ve seen good and bad practices; and also changes due to equality legislation and fashion styles. Our experienced consultants can help you plan and write your CV so it becomes a document you can be proud of. We can provide practical advice together with homework support materials.
This session covers the following topics:
- Choose Your Own Style For Your Curriculum Vitae
- Avoid The Responsibilities Versus Achievements Trap
- Define Your Achievements
- Take Note Of Age Discrimination Legislation
- Avoid Age Discrimination Traps In Your Curriculum Vitae
- Exclude The Following From Your Curriculum Vitae
- Remember These Tips For A Curriculum Vitae Sent To A Recruiter
This session is available in three versions depending how many in-depth supplementary homeworks you choose to include:
- Version 2: CV development and production.
- Version 3: How to define your achievements.